12-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #66
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetSleeper View Post
Drive Sport Mode Plus 100% of the time. It sounds way better in sport and the car handling is very tight in sport plus.

I did not buy this car to save money...saving money on gas is for people who don't earn enough money and have the scarcity mindset built into their brains.

The actual difference is only a couple thousand per year max. If $2,000/year puts you out then there is no way a BMW is the right car...I am not speaking to you just speaking in general. I would guess my opinion won't be popular but I figured its honest
I can afford not to worry about the price of gasoline BUT I still find your comment offensive. It is like the Mercedes slogan: "the best or nothing".

If someone can't afford to eat steak every night, does that mean that the person can't do so on occasion? So if one can't reasonably afford to drive in sport plus with single digit mpg most of the time, that doesn't mean the individual shouldn't purchase a BMW.

Everyone has different reasons for buying a particular car. Mine is the environment (hence the 530e but fully loaded) and the ability to drive in the car pool lane at any time or day.
Appreciate 0