View Single Post
      01-14-2020, 11:22 AM   #112
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
I never claimed to be an "enthusiast". I love the brand and my car, but day-to-day I'm just a regular owner.

My claim regarding times was aimed at the user who was trying to make the M340 seem like a slouch compared to the F80, which it's not. I agree 0-60 or 1/4 mile times aren't everything, but there is a reason journalists test and report on them. Likewise, most owners aren't tracking their car weekly (if ever), and the value proposition is that if they can get virtually F80 performance in a daily driver package for the same price or less than the F80, then that's a great buy. An M340 owner knows they aren't buying a true track car, but that doesn't mean it can't run with the F80 M3 too.

Not arguing with you on lease pricing. As others have said, many are getting $600/mo leases for an MSRP of ~62-64K or $650/mo leases for ~64-68K. My lease is 62.5K for just under $600/mo. Folks aren't lying about lease figures, and if you use a lease calculator and the published rates, you can back into the payment they're claiming.

Folks were getting 10%+ the G20 since it started production. Just browse the forums. 10% off is the golden standard where repeat BMW customers with relationships (not even always a requirement) with dealers can start negotiating. It's been this way for my past 3 leases since I started in 2013.

You're naive for thinking BMW is making no profit if they go below MSRP or invoice, but that's what they want you to believe so you stop negotiating downwards.
See my calculation on the different lease
Similarly, on the $62,500 with assumed 10% off ($56,250 sales price) and additional 3k rebates -- your payment with taxes in MA is $680/month, not below $600.

The residual and minimum MF is published.

Again, I doubt MANY people are getting 10% off from the get go in this economy and while BMW sales are doing quite OK lately.
Appreciate 0