View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 07:47 AM   #121
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
If you total your car, you do not lose your MSD's. Once your insurance company pays off the remaining balance of the lease, BMWFS will refund the MSD amount, or you can just apply it to another lease.

Buying out and then selling the car at the end of the lease is typically not a good idea when it comes to BMW, with their inflated residual values.

There's an $11k difference in MSRP between your "almost fully loaded" F80 and my fully loaded G20, so I wouldn't exactly call that "almost the same amount". In regards to MSD's, as I mentioned before, even without MSD's my payment comes to ~$695/month which is a significant $155/month lower than yours.
Yes, there is about $10k MSRP difference between the vehicle I am talking about and your fully loaded M340. The features difference is minimal, however, as pointed out above, the difference comes in transmission, brakes, drivetrain, platform, weight...
Everything is different from M to a non-M vehicle. I thought it was not as significant until I owned one after multiple non-M cars.
Also, the residual on my car was 64% (as I recall) which made the monthly payment even closer without all amazing discounts that you received.
Appreciate 0