View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #19
Boilerplate4U
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3/F25 xDrive35d

BMW ConnectedDrive, what a disappointment !!

BMW ConnectedDrive, what a disappointment !!

We've just upgraded to a BMW X3 xDrive35d (2017) and I was really looking forward to be a part of the new exciting world of "connected" cars but what a disappointment!

I really love the car itself but what a terrible bad solution ConnectedDrive is. Worst piece of cr*p I have ever seen and I've seen a lot sh*tty solutions since I work in the SW industry. I'm extremely disappointed with BMW regarding their software.

A friend of mine that bought a new X5 last year is having the same problem ie the whole solutions seems flawed!! I really have a hard time understanding BMW can deliver such a poor solution!

In general:
  • No info or feedback on current status, ie you can't see if the car is locked or not, fuel level, etc. What the f*** !!
  • Extremely bad quality with plenty of bugs in standard features that make you constantly have to restart the app.
  • Constant app craches (v4.10) using iPhone.
  • OTA software updates are not working, neither using the app or ConnectedDrive
  • Spotify works poorly with xdrive, e.g. no playlist or song info.
  • The event log (history) shows completely different content for the app or the web, ie control from the app is not visible in the browser history and vice versa.
  • Overall very poor response time for standard functions, eg unlocking or starting the heater, usually between 30-90 seconds (!)

BMW is not really known for their stellar software development but even by their standards, this is a new low!

Last edited by Boilerplate4U; 02-19-2020 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0