View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #34
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
It's also very basic info - I usually try and get image files for radiology and it's like pulling teeth just to get the low resolution files that play in a viewer. I want the full resolution files because my Dad's a radiologist and can consult on a second opinion but half the time it takes multiple attempts just to get what I'm asking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
ive found that if you specify upfront you want copies of your images, its much easier for you to get them than after the fact.

my parents always did this when my dad had cancer and made it much easier getting them and being able to take to friends/family for 2nd opinions.
This is what I do always after a scan. I ask for a copy of the images to be burned onto a CD before I leave the office. Not that I'm a radiologist but it helps for me to look through the scan images myself before I get my hands on the radiology report. My previous oncologist would go through my scans with me and point out different things he's looking for/at. It provided me some basics as to what seems to be out of the ordinary as I have all my previous scan images on CD. This is what radiologists would do anyways....compare your previous scan with the current one to look for any changes. PET scans are easy to read. Depending on the view, that glowing red spot or dark black spot is something active that the PET scan picked up. Depending on the location, it's either normal or abnormal. The included viewer software on the CD will even tell you the measured SUV of that area.

I have all the reports and CDs precisely for situations where I want a second opinion. It came in handy when I had NIH/NCI review some of my scans.
Appreciate 0