View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
Gman1
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xdrive

Steering with Michelin A/S 3+

Hello all, I drive a 2020 M340i xdrive. The car is beautiful in so many ways and is a definite improvement over my old 435i in every aspect. The only thing that bothered me was the tires that they came with as standard. They came with pirelli p7 cinturato runflats and they felt like the car was riding on wood. They were surprisingly comfortable, but had no grip, and you could tell that by going on a semi-spirited drive. I did my research on good all season non runflats that are performance oriented and found that most people seemed to be impressed by the Michelin A/S 3+ tires. I ordered a set and had them installed yesterday.

I found that they impacted the steering in a really significant way. The steering is no longer as direct as it was with the runflats and its not nearly as heavy in sport mode. The heaviness doesnt bother me too much, as its pretty artificial, but I am bothered that it isnt as direct as it once was. The tires themselves are good, I definitely notice the extra grip, but I was surprised how they affected the steering. Has anyone else had this experience? Changing the stock run flats with non runflats and finding that the steering is now not as precise? I assume it has to do with the softer side walls.
Appreciate 1
THE3285.50