g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Hi everyone,

So if you’ve been following this thread, I’ve been updating about BM3 basically on a daily basis, and since the 330i is my daily driver, I’m doing all I can on my spare time to get it to drive the best it can. Also, because I am in Toronto, we get a lot of snow each year. Ever since I flashed BM3 Stage 1 93 octane, I’ve been having traction issues when putting too much boost in gear. And also because of the snow/ice on the roads, my traction is further affected by the road conditions. This pushed me to spend time perfecting a tweaked stage 1 flash that has boost by gear reduction on it. I have basically reduced boost in every gear, so that the car no longer skids when accelerating. So far the car drives beautifully and it’s been really snowy out and I’ve been having no problems since the reflash.

My settings goes as follows if anyone wants to drive in the snow with more control with a BM3 tune:

1st: 30%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%
4th: 10%
5th: 20%
6th: 10%

FYI I am also running Dunlop Winter Maxx 2 Winter Tires. They perform great in the snow to get you moving but it starts to waver when accelerating faster than you should. But the braking is really nice and so is turning. There is a lot of grip and you feel really planted to the ground.

Anyone else drive in the snow in a JB+/JB4/BM3 tuned G20? You are making a lot of torque without boost reduction and unless you are on dry land with all season performance tires I’m pretty sure you’ll run into traction issues with 370tq and 315hp.
Appreciate 4