Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
479 whp? That would be the first stock M2 that read that high to the wheels in history.

Also, it kind of looks like different days/temperatures.

Not saying the M340 cannot scoot fast as hell, but nothing about this is near scientific.

Oh and I forgot, regardless of whether an AWD M340 is fast in straight line, take them both to the same track or the same canyon and tell me with a straight face you would rather have the M340 than an actual M car.

We went to an M Track Days at Thermal with BMWCCA back in January and I drove both back to back on their autocross course and the deficiencies on the M340 in comparison to the M2C in control, planted feeling, capability is very apparent.

Though the M340 was not a bad car all said. Definitely better than previous 335/340s compared to their respective M iterations.

Probably going to get shit on for this post, so let me just say that this is my subjective opinion, and I concede that the M340 is definitely quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
479 whp? That would be the first stock M2 that read that high to the wheels in history.

Also, it kind of looks like different days/temperatures.

Not saying the M340 cannot scoot fast as hell, but nothing about this is near scientific.

Oh and I forgot, regardless of whether an AWD M340 is fast in straight line, take them both to the same track or the same canyon and tell me with a straight face you would rather have the M340 than an actual M car.

We went to an M Track Days at Thermal with BMWCCA back in January and I drove both back to back on their autocross course and the deficiencies on the M340 in comparison to the M2C in control, planted feeling, capability is very apparent.

Though the M340 was not a bad car all said. Definitely better than previous 335/340s compared to their respective M iterations.

Probably going to get shit on for this post, so let me just say that this is my subjective opinion, and I concede that the M340 is definitely quick.
[IMG][/IMG]

Im driving the M2C for over 18000 kms, both cars are good but if you compare them just by what you feel on track you answer always going to be the same, but believe me I'm a fan of race cars and race for several years but the m2c isn't the great M that everybody talks about, BMW lent you the car before you buy it on the track and for a few laps at least thats my experience, but that doesn't give you the full perspective of the car, as an long time owner I can tell that the S55 is not a good engine, brakes start to fade even in street use, suspension is way to stiff and don't let you put the power on the ground, the diff cracks every time you put it on a slope and finally the car is extremely heavy. Would I buy it again, no,

Here is the dyno graph first number is with DPS and the second one Stock if you doubt It put that power on the wheels. I'm not giving you shit for your post, really apréciate different opinions I'm just giving my perspective as a long time owner and a person that beats the shit out of the cars Hahahahaha, and finally we have tested them in at the same time but the results are always the same, the M340 goes off the line first and stays there most of the time, I'm able to catch after 800 mts more o less but there's no third person to film yet.
I didn't just have limited time in the M2C at a track experience, only the M340. I have had 6+ years of seat time in S55s between two F80s and now an M2C with a decent amount of miles on it and a ton of canyon and track time. And I can tell you that the M2C is absolutely what everyone says it is - and 100% the best car I have ever owned and I have been through a lot. So your experience is contrary to nearly EVERY OTHER PERSON who has owned it has said. The engine, the brakes, etc are light years better than the M340 and it's B58, so get out of here with that nonsense.

As to your dyno, I'll say the same I said before with out a tune those just downpipe numbers don't make any sense and would be the highest reading downpipes in history and you need to post the link to them on the S55 forum because you found the gold standard.

All that said, sure we can disagree, it's opinion. No worries.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 6
zamboni1124.50
The_Werm212.00
Niko ZV118.00