First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misko_Hryzko View Post
I have beginners question. How can you search in the BimmerCode ? I've downloaded full version and enabled beta testing mode. Found OBDLink MX+ by chance at home and started coding. Easy changes were super fast but I am not able to search for anything. Manually I found M_SOUND but this is not enabling engine sound profiles in general settings. Can you give me a hint what exactly shall I change in the HU_MGU expert mode please ?

I have activated:
BDM / 3221 PfFesMaster / FesSportWorldMode1 -> SportExpert (0x02)
BDM / 3221 PfFesMaster / FesComfortWorldMode1 -> ComfortPlus (0x05)

Now I can activate these modes. I cannot feel difference between Comfort+ and Comfort. Maybe + is holding rpm high slightly longer after overtaking.
Sport+ is holding rpm significantly higher what is giving proper sporty feel but it doesn't increase power by any mean. Unfortunately engine and exhaust sound didn't change and I am still missing any pops and crackles. Maybe because my 320i is 1 week old with only 800km ?

I am not giving up. This is my very first day with BimmerCode and I love it. Especially after dealer's response that it is impossible to deactivate Start/Stop and I was able to do it in 3 minutes thanks to you guys
It's in HMI_SPEECH. I'm sorry for not specifying, I forgot where exactly as well and I didn't take screenshots, so I didn't manage to get the specific codes. I'm pretty sure both lines are in HMI_SPEECH. Let me know if you get it.

To search, you probably have to be in iOS, but you just scroll to the top and there's a search bar. Also, I think there are significant differences between 320i and 330i in terms of DME coding. You must get a flash tune or JB4 to get pops and bangs, I'm pretty sure the engine is tuned differently in a 320i and does NOT leave unburnt fuel in the cylinders, that's why you get no pops. I'd suggest going for BM3 if you want more power and to change the sound of the car. The gains are super worth it in a 320i. I don't know what the differences are in engine parts but I'm about to find out through research, I'll let you know soon after doing the research.

Reason for understanding engine parts:
Reliability may be drastically affected in a 320i, since the engine parts may be inferior to 330i since the DME is undertuned, even though both are the same engine designs with a twin scroll turbo.
Appreciate 0