06-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #58
sddz6269
Private
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
I have not tried turning off my side-markers so I do not know if you can just FDL edit the FLM2 to turn-on the side-markers. I do recall reading a post that NA side-markers can be turned-off by VO Coding the FLMs with ECE Type Code.

Do your headlights actually come with side-marker LEDs? See attached pic of the side marker for my left headlight.

If your headlights do come with side-markers, try this quick test (using Launcher/Esys):

1) Edit and save your Factory FA (to keep a copy of your original FA).

2) Edit FA and change Type Code to 5R13 (NA 330i), then save FA to another file name.

3) Load your edited FA and VO Code one of your FLM2 [43 - left, 44 - right] modules. If VO Code completes without generating any errors/warnings and your vehicle does not generate a warning/error, turn-on your headlights and check to see if the VO Coded headlight side-marker is on. If yes, then there is hope...check coded headlight to make sure it functions properly - DRL, HB, turn-signal, etc.

4) If the VO coded headlight appears to be functioning properly, repeat 3) on the 2nd FLM2.

If warnings/errors are generated and/or the side-marker LED does not turn on, then more coding research is required (or your headlights do not have side-marker LEDs).

Larry
Thank you so much! That's very detailed. I'll try and tell you the result.
Appreciate 0