08-27-2015, 03:26 AM   #18
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
My wife started a photography business earlier this year. 99% of her clients are kids, teens, and families. She has now started getting into weddings.

This week she got contacted by a potential client for a wedding. The brides father is paying and apparently setting most of it up. It's at his property. He and my wife talked on the phone and she set an appointment for a consultation with him and his wife and to see the venue/property.

My wife said he sounded a bit drunk when the spoke on the phone. I was raised fairly paranoid too. I find myself worried sometimes that this is a set up. She has her personal Facebook locked down and only a headshot visible with no pictures of herself on her business page.

I'm I being paranoid or am I right to worry about meeting like these?

to,dr wife has business i worry about her getting raped.
Frankly, what you describe above reads to me like just a variation on worrying about getting hit by a bus on busy city streets. One can worry about that sort of thing, and in response, one can take reasonable actions to avoid getting hit by a bus. Those actions can include never venturing outside of a space that is impenetrable by buses. If one can happily live their life that way, buy all means do.

Red:
Nobody can say you are wrong or right to worry. One worries about whatever they worry about with regard to those about whom they care. There is no single thing that you or your wife are going to be aware of -- other than that a person is a convicted and released rapist, and to know that you'll need to do a background check -- that's going to legitimately predict what personal safety risks your wife's customers pose.

What you and she can do to minimize the risks is control and structure the circumstances under which she meets with customers or potential customers so that they are as safe as possible.

Blue:
Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants?
-- Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote

You're being paranoid.

Rape is not something that happens because the victim is "hot." Men do not rape women for sex. A rapist gets satisfaction by humiliating and controlling his victim and uses sex as the tool to do this.

I think if rape is what concerns you, you should endeavor to learn about what type of crime rape is rather than "seeing" potential rapists around every corner.

Orange:
Millions of people get drunk every day and don't rape anybody. Millions of people get drunk and don't even consider raping someone. Inebriation does not cause rape.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0