Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240ix vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Diamonds View Post
I seen car and driver reviewed the M440i xdrive at 3.8 0-60 also. It'll be interesting to see the M3/4 competition and M3/4 competition xdrives performance specs.
I posted this as the first thing in the official stickied post.

stage 1 flash tuned S58s in X3M SUVs bone stock with ethanol are running 3.0s 0-60s and that car is hundreds of pounds more than the G8x.

I feel like when we get driving reviews, the performance will not be disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
It did, it was called the 335i. It came out a little over 10 years ago and everyone did lose their minds on the performance... 2007 335i Road Test
Stein, this car has been tested *a full second* quicker.

The point is that it's been very easily dismissed (almost universally on this site) due to the aesthetics, but it's a stellar performer.
The b58 matched with the zf8 has been out for a few years already. We all know that matchup makes for a great performer. Its not really anything new.

The whole 10 year example doesn't make sense when you can get the previous generation m440i for less, with better styling, and around the same capability when it comes to modifying.

Bmw isn't exactly giving us anything groundbreaking here.
You're right, the E92 N54 335i with just a Cobb OBD2 flash, was way ahead of times, for what it was spitting out and at that time, it could of easily matched what any modern-day B58 motor pushes from the factory.

However, at least now, BMW is included the same exact electronic LSD from their higher-tier M models, in their standard, M Performance, '40i-line; which adds a sublime layer of traction and ultimate M-like handling.

Back in 2007, when the N54 was burning up in the streets and putting down better numbers than a E92 V8 M3, the rear diff ring gears was unfortunately welded shut, preventing any P&P modifications, so all that brut power on tap, was merely vaporized in tire smoke, from a pitiful, one-wheel-peel..

The M LSD in the standard BMW '40i models makes me wonder what's the point of M car now, other than bragging rights, - for whatever little that worth nowadays..

M340i has the identical e-LSD as the F-gen M2:

http://www.vacmotorsports.com/news/3...483338466.html
I agree. I don't see much point in getting a true m car over the m-lites.

They have so much power and potential from the factory, that it's impossible for 99% of us to push it to its limits.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00