Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Comical thread, we all have our opinions, M340i is plenty fun for me and unlike some of these newbs I started driving BMW's since the E36 era so not exactly a newcomer. There are some who find the X3M boring, hell we've had guys dump theirs for the M340i, imagine that. These threads are pointless and just getting ridiculous. I don't know in what world some people live in but there are countless shitty new cars out there and people buy them daily.

M340i is not one of them especially coming from folks who daily gigantic SUV's. I can run circles around you all day in my M340i. Fucking preposterous, sigh.

Maybe if you daily an Exige you've got the gall to talk, otherwise please stop.
People can have differing opinions. You're free to yours as are others.

Most people and reviews agree that the M340 has an excellent powertrain and chassis, is great at the limit, and overall a technically excellent car. However they also note that at sane speeds at or near speed limits it's not a very engaging car. These are people who also have been driving BMWs for many decades.

Take it as you will. We can all agree to disagree.
I wouldn't say the M340i 'is not a very engaging car to drive' at the speed limit. Apart from a numb steering (as in all modern day Bmw's), I find it can be engaging even at around national speed limits particularly in Sports mode. Having owned Bmw's since the E30 era IMO the M340i is certainly one of the better Bmw's I've had.
Appreciate 0