SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Hey Steve, I was doing esys coding back on my F30 about 8 years ago I think our paths probably crossed back then regarding coding F30s

I've bought the BimmerCode app last week and a uni scan obd2 connector and I can confirm it works perfectly.

I've already coded M start up screens on both centre and instrument cluster screens, auto start stop remember last position, video in motion, removed the start up disclaimer and the reverse camera disclaimer. And my favourite, M dash layout. It's pretty easy using the app. And takes like seconds to code that way.

There is an expert mode which lets you change individual code like we used to do with esys. I'll be playing around with that this week to turn on assisted driving view, which is also already confirmed to work with the BimmerCode app.
Thanks Tam,
This is very interesting.
I haven’t pushed the button on E-Sys coding yet, and I know it can be a bit of a hassle juggling a 17” laptop in the car. So, I’m still interested in the BimmerCode app, but I had read there were some issues with it when trying to code a G20. However, now that I have read that it works fine for you, I’m considering going down this route.

Can you tell me where you get the necessary software and hardware to run BimmerCode? And an idea of the cost of these items?
With E-Sys, the token needed to run Launcher Pro is time limited. Is this the case with BimmerCode, or is it perpetual?