Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Hey Steve, I was doing esys coding back on my F30 about 8 years ago I think our paths probably crossed back then regarding coding F30s

I've bought the BimmerCode app last week and a uni scan obd2 connector and I can confirm it works perfectly.

I've already coded M start up screens on both centre and instrument cluster screens, auto start stop remember last position, video in motion, removed the start up disclaimer and the reverse camera disclaimer. And my favourite, M dash layout. It's pretty easy using the app. And takes like seconds to code that way.

There is an expert mode which lets you change individual code like we used to do with esys. I'll be playing around with that this week to turn on assisted driving view, which is also already confirmed to work with the BimmerCode app.
Thanks Tam,
This is very interesting.
I haven't pushed the button on E-Sys coding yet, and I know it can be a bit of a hassle juggling a 17" laptop in the car. So, I'm still interested in the BimmerCode app, but I had read there were some issues with it when trying to code a G20. However, now that I have read that it works fine for you, I'm considering going down this route.

Can you tell me where you get the necessary software and hardware to run BimmerCode? And an idea of the cost of these items?
With E-Sys, the token needed to run Launcher Pro is time limited. Is this the case with BimmerCode, or is it perpetual?
Yeah I was the same, I'm an Apple fan boy these days so wasn't keen on buying another windows laptop.

This is so much simpler and stable and haven't heard of any issues with BimmerCode

I downloaded the app from the App Store it's free to play around with , you can go into demo mode and have a look and look up what can be coded in the G series .

To code properly you need to buy the app $50 and it's a one of charge and they regularly update it to add more coding

They list the preferred adapters you need as cheaper ones limit what you can code, I bought a uni scan one for about $95 and it was express posted in two days.

There isn't a lot that can coded but all the important stuff can be and the added bonus is it's updated regularly

BimmerCode is very straight forward and user friendly, personally I think it's worth the investment.
Cheers, Matt
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 1
SteveAus265.50