Thread: Coding for G20
View Single Post
      06-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #22
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

My thanks to the posters here for starting and sharing the ground works on coding.

Dipped my toes in the water and bought the UniCarScan 2000 plus the BimmerCode app.

Have set up most of the car using idrive 7 but my 2 major peeve’s are the ASS (cannot be good for the battery, starter motor and engine wear) and the Air Re circulation (why is it not on all the time and switch off when I want to? Toyota do the same with my Landcruiser, I don’t want to smell the exhaust of the vehicles in front!).

Genius at West Coast BMW must have felt for me after I banged on about wanting the latest software installed on delivery so we got the car without the legal disclaimers. A small win for us. Unlike the Cruiser, the 330 doesn’t have door chimes. Another win!!

My wife (it’s her car) wanted the chimes for the seatbelts to stay on. A small loss for me. Unfortunately when I was coding, my fat finger must have de-activated the passenger seat chime!! She, (nor I) didn’t like it when the mirrors change angles when reversing, so took that off as well. Might put it back on later but at a lesser angle.

The BimerCode is a work in progress so doesn’t have all the features as shown from the U-tube vids from past years but has upgrades sent when they are added. As said, there are a lot of features on idrive now that BimmerCode used to do.

My congrats to those of you who are competent enough to go into expert mode and hope to see your results posted here in the future.
Appreciate 0