08-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #65
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
My take is that 03/2019 and 07/2019 are the major versions, and between them they roll out some smaller patch-levels like .37, .38 etc. But you won't see a 04/2019.XX or 05/2019.XX as they are only doing major versions every few months (or even in lockstep with their model changes in March, July and November). So if .38 is coming out in May, that'd still be 03/2019.38, they won't change the 03/2019 until the next major version is released.

But I am just speculating as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
I tend to disagree on the oddness of it. Speculating with regards to BMW specific but generically speaking this isn't uncommon in software.

Major version number for features and bug fixes and minor number for things like small corrections in text, images, minor imperfections etc. So small fixes they add after releasing the software without mentioning it nor pushing as a separate update generation. It's like the "build number": feature version 3, build 4, for example.
I work with software a lot so understand the difference between an actual software version or build.

If we think it's just a build difference, then there could still be fixes in the subsequent builds that weren't in earlier builds. Seeing as there are a lot of ongoing issues, you'd think they would push the next build out as an update instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigurWes View Post
Any chance it added sms / enhanced Bluetooth?
I believe you need to get wireless charging/LTE for this functionality. Doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective, but this been asked and posted a few times here.
Appreciate 0