View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
RoyB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by john!smith View Post
your slope is pretty high at your measurement thats why it is invalid. i did a correction over it and the result is 3.92 which is about 0.2 sec faster than a stock car.

for comparison
i did a 3.38 with 0.07% slope... so quiet perfect run

i have a mhd stage 2 costum map
highly recommend! those piggy backs are not competitive with classic tunes.

regards
Oddly enough the two runs were from the same pass. The 0-60 was invalid while the full 1/4 was not. I only did one run since I couldn't stop the car with the all season RFT on. I didn't want to risk starting on a more flat area and not being able to stop the car in a hurry if I had to. Which is why the MPSS are being put on Safety first.

As far as a full on tune being faster, yes, of course it will. I had the JB4 left from my X3M and it bolted right up, so why not. I felt a noticeable difference on that car. I find it odd that the M340i I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
Boost is higher in logs but tcu limit is being reached or something, I ran the car at a real drag strip and have many many times. Jb4 does literally nothing for the m340i.
This is what I am afraid of. I did ask Terry why the speed and 1/4 seemed the same as what a stock car would run even though I was seeing significantly more boost. He of course did not respond that to that question

I always thought the JB4 was a joke until my buddy put it on his Golf R. I had a real tune on mine and he was JB4. His car was just as fast as mine. I was DSG his was manual. I would kill him out of the hole due to launch control. Roll races were down to whoever got the jump though.
Appreciate 0