10-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #14
bSwiazzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonmon View Post
I started a thread about this over on the N54 forum. It would be great if any of you guys with specific experience and data could chime in there about it. I figured the best way to learn more about this situation with JB4, +, etc with the M340i would be there. Hopefully Terry or one of the other Burger reps will chime in with some helpful info and not blow it off. I think there is definitely something going on with BMW's latest dme software outsmarting the way the JB4 works. You can make power on a dyno based on boost pressure going up but something is limiting this power from making it to the ground in real world application. Torque limiting or something to that effect must be undoing what the increase in boost pressure is doing. My car feels like it initially has some extra oomph and then it feels as though it flattens out to stocklike.
i dont have jb4 on my m340i as its still stock but i do have experience with the stage 2 jb4 and can def agree with what you are saying

id say from my experience the 0 to 40 or 50 mph feels good as the torque gives you that g force pushing you back into the seat feeling but after that the mid range just dies off

if anything id say from 4gear on is weak

1st 2nd and 3rd is satisfying enough for the average driver imo

honestly, jb4 is great for people who live or drive in cities in my opinion bc it gives you that quick push from light to light

highway rolls are never the best and i am not sure why its like that

if jb4 could match the output mid and high range i think it would be a viable options long term

unfortunately i have no data to back this up other than what i have felt before using stage 2 jb4

going for a dme tune will always be better
2021 X3M // RGSport Midpipe + MSS + RaceChipGTS // Retired
2016 Rav4
Appreciate 0