04-01-2020, 06:01 AM   #28
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX94 View Post
You are right, almost every dealer has the 320d on discount, it is the most popular choice here. 330d's are showing up these days but few buy them, they are alot more expensive than the 320d.

For now I placed my order on a 330i, after test driving both I found that the petrol version is much more sportier mostly for the sound part, and moderatly on the "feel" in general. Although raw performance is the same in the end.
I have been told that the car would take some extra time to be produced because of covid-19 and Bmw shut down all Europe factories for now.
Strangely, for about a week now, I am getting some bad feelings that maybe it would be better to try and find a bit better job to afford the M340i, but this would leave me without a car a long time, and it may not even go as I want...Not to say I am not happy with ordering the 330i, but there is just a little something that makes me want to risk it big time just to get the m340i....
Six cylinders is what makes a BMW a BMW. All your Passats and Mondeos have four cylinders, too.

Everyone here is talking about how the 320d is quick enough - and it is enough, but it will never ever have the charisma, torque delivery and smoothness of an inline six... be it a petrol or diesel.

I would rather the 330d than a 330i, obviously depending on your daily use and mileage. B58 is obviously the one you want.