View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #40
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX94 View Post
I agree with you on the most part. Turbos have changed a lot in the car world.
I used to think the way you said it, the 330i is capable of more than enough speed and preformance for everyday driving. But the hundreds of reviews, comments and videos that I see daily, I am starting to think that it just can't be only becasue of personal opinion that people are praising the 6 cyl engine and looking down on 4 cyls. There is certainly something that is making the six worth the extra price. Most say sound and smoothness, that a 4 wont match the 6 no matter the turbos...
I am still to test out an m340i for myself.
I don't think anyone would disagree that the 340 is more desirable than the 330.

However, the 330 is more than enough for the average driver and has a lot 'more' than 95% of all cars on the road.

At the end of the day it is a simple choice - is the extra cost (£8000/£9000 in the UK when I was looking) worth it to you. More power, less economy and rarity (I have still yet to see one on the road!). Also residual value - counter intuitively I would suggest that the 340 will lose value quicker than 'lesser' models simply as it has a narrower market.

Go with whatever suits you. Personally I would prefer a fully loaded 330 against a basic 340. But I would still prefer a fully loaded 340 to a fully loaded 330......but I couldn't justify the extra cost in my mind.
Appreciate 1
KoenG1426.50