View Single Post
      04-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #60
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
I'm not making it a secret of who I am, no more than you made it a secret you wanted a hand out from the government for starting your own business. Still salty about being called out on it I see.

FYI, one thing I never see discussed is what exactly is "fair"
No, the name change was more fitting, no issues there from me.

I didn't want a hand out - I wanted them to keep the rules the same as they've always been. That's quite different from a handout. But, and I know you're going to be happy to learn about this, I'm feeling much better now.

You see, the government backed off a little on the whole taxing passive investment income such that the old rules apply up to $50K of investment income (so I'd need to amass around $1M @5% to hit that mark) before the new rules apply. I'm not in any danger of that now or in the near future.

Plus, there was an unexpected gift where they actually lowered business taxes on my corp which will be going down by a total of 2.5% over the next two years. An unexpected gift.

So as you can see, I'm much less salty now.

But I still disagree with people like you that propose people should pay whatever the government wants and then just work harder to try to make the same level of income back. That's not a solution. The solution is to cut back government spending and give people a reality check that they have to be somewhat self sufficient.
Appreciate 2
RABAUKE4658.00