04-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #61
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Not at all - it's 1pm where we are. In fact, if you grab a drink for wifey, you may get to do more than just drink. Just a thought.

I just stopped off at LCBO and picked up $400 worth of scotch...had to refill the cabinet...sort of. That bought me 4 bottles, but have some interesting ones I'm looking forward to trying.

Particularly:
Glenfiddich XX (basically 20 different masters from 16 different countries were called into Glenfiddich's warehouse and told to pick a scotch that most interested them - then Glenfiddich blended all 20. Might be interesting or a bust.
Also, a Bruichladdich organic 2009 bottling. Am curious.

Lastly, had to pick up another bottle of Ardbeg 10, and wanted to try the Green Spot (irish whiskey - heard yellow spot is better, but not sold here, so trying their green spot).
I'm actually in Las Vegas right now, so it's still a bit early and I was out quite late again last night.

I have the Glenfidich XX, pretty nice stuff. I have a bottle of Bunnahabhain 18 on the bar in our suite here.....very nice.

Here's a rant on the LCBO for you. They are the biggest purchaser of liquors on the planet and they don't negotiate lower prices. We pay ridiculous prices for liquor, beer and wine in Ontario. Heres an opportunity to reduce the budget without hitting us in the pocket book again. Negotiate lower prices and keep the prices as is but make a bigger profit and put that down on the deficit......I know it'll never happen but I can hope.
Appreciate 0