Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyrx7 View Post
I understand the dealer doesn't set the tax credit terms but they are the conduit for documenting and explaining the terms including any cap cost reduction if it's a lease. This is not how I recall the lease option being explained to me so rather than get into a discussion on which is correct it's best people verify with the party drafting their prospective lease contract, their dealer.
Perhaps that works if you believe that 1) your dealer is fully knowledgeable, and 2) your dealer is trustworthy. I have found either or both untrue on occasion.

Which means, confirm with BMWFS first before seeing the dealer to knowledgeably scrutinize their contract.
Agreed. I've seen dealers try to pass off the $7500 cap reduction as a negotiating tool. It doesn't affect their bottom line directly so it shouldn't affect the negotiated price. I always negotiate the selling price before even discussing all the incentives. All my i3's were at least 10% or more off MSRP on top of the $7500 cap reduction. I've seen too many fellow i3 drivers who settled with a lesser discount because they were convinced by the dealer that the $7500 was good enough. They end up paying thousands more over the course of the lease.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16536.00