10-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #48
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailstrike View Post
Thanks for posting about your experience, it was really helpful. I have been experiencing the same problem with my lights as well. Took to the dealership, who ultimately denied my warranty claim via the regional rep "the haze is not a defect but the effects of outside environmental conditions."

Just filed a formal complaint with BMW of NA today. They were hesitant at first, stating that the process they would go through is essentially the same process the dealership goes through. I insisted since it's ridiculous that a 3 year old car that shows no effects of sun damage has faded/hazy headlights on the exact same spot, on both sides, where the amber parking lights are. It looks like the amber parking lights are burning the housing. Fingers crossed.
No worries - that is why we posted threads like this, to ensure everyone is aware and knowledgeable about certain situations. Yeah, I didn't have a positive experience with BMW USA but maybe your experience will be more in your favor. For me, the dealership who actually wanted to help their client, was able to stronghold the regional rep who finally agreed to replace the lights under warranty. Your best bet is to locate another dealership who has a willingness to help you.
Appreciate 0