View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #15
Boro74
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcendid View Post
Not yet- haven't had the time to deal with it. Did the mechanics hear the noise while driving your car?
Thanks for the responses guys. They kind of half acknowledged the door noise and said they'd clean up the door seals etc, see if it helps, but they also tried to make out that it's somewhat normal on these cars. The noise I'm getting at this point is not normal. At the time, my car was mainly in for a clicking noise coming from the headliner (which I put in this thread https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1688884&page=2), so since they ended up dropping the headliner for that, that became the main focus and I figured I'd just see how the door noise was after they'd cleaned the seals. It was no better, and has continued to deteriorate. As upsidedownfunnel suggests, I've cleaned the seals and flocking to death at this point and applied gummi pfledge, but it hasn't helped. If I even lightly touch the black trim on the doors, it creaks like crazy. My wife has a 2020 X3, and that area is totally solid on her car, doesn't make a single sound. At this point I'm probably going to pick up some anti squeak tape and see if I can narrow this down further. I'll post an update if I figure it out.
Appreciate 0