Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez949 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumazn View Post
Quote:
Hmmmm. AWE track and catted DP is going to be LOUD.

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it's me adjusting or if it's broken in. Either way, I'm getting the resonated pipes installed today…

I would think an AWE exhaust with a 400 catted DP ( avoid CEL and reduced smell) for a better exhaust tone and slight performance bump.

But, Unfortunately you would need a custom tune to optimize it all (including pure turbo, etc….)

If you don't mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?
how is it with the resonators now on the awe touring? i want more exhaust sound but not too much. i liked the 2020s stock note with valves open
100% better!!

Doesn't sound like a wall of noise in the cabin, zero drone especially when in comfort/adaptive mode.

There's still a nice rumble outside, and when in sport/sport+ it gets more raucous but not over the top.

If you have an aftermarket down pipe, I highly recommend the resonated version.

I find myself making excuses to drive!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumazn View Post
Quote:
Hmmmm. AWE track and catted DP is going to be LOUD.

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it's me adjusting or if it's broken in. Either way, I'm getting the resonated pipes installed today…

I would think an AWE exhaust with a 400 catted DP ( avoid CEL and reduced smell) for a better exhaust tone and slight performance bump.

But, Unfortunately you would need a custom tune to optimize it all (including pure turbo, etc….)

If you don't mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?
how is it with the resonators now on the awe touring? i want more exhaust sound but not too much. i liked the 2020s stock note with valves open
100% better!!

Doesn't sound like a wall of noise in the cabin, zero drone especially when in comfort/adaptive mode.

There's still a nice rumble outside, and when in sport/sport+ it gets more raucous but not over the top.

If you have an aftermarket down pipe, I highly recommend the resonated version.

I find myself making excuses to drive!

Even with the valves closed you think it willl still be loud, I really only want it loud in sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATBB1 View Post
AWE does not have valves...
Correct. No valves with AWE. But, between the 180 muffler and resonators (w/ aftermarket DP)it's very well balanced in comfort/eco, very close to stock and with sport it gives a low rumble while cruising… at WOT it's loud but in a good way!!

It's subjective, one of those things you gotta try for yourself. Took me a couple of tries to get the right combo.

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0