06-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #112
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
I frequently travel along a road near my house which has a 60 limit. It is common that I drift out to overtake cyclists and parked cars. If there is no other traffic on the road I don't think about indicating. It is infuriating that the car attempts to crash into these things that I was taking action to avoid. It wouldn't be so bad if I could configure the speed at which the LDWS activates. 40mph is too slow. I'm in the UK so this feature can't be permanently disabled. Don't suppose this can be coded?

There was one time that I tried squeezing into the side of the road in order to avoid a truck coming in the opposite direction. Unfortunately there was a white line in the gutter. So the car tried pushing me back out into the path of the oncoming truck. It's enough to make a cat laugh.
I've just updated the software on my 330e Touring, and one of the updates is the ability to permanently turn off the steering intervention. Sure enough, I've now turned it off and it doesn't say "this will be reactivated when you start the car again".

Thank god. It was ruining my experience.
Appreciate 0