04-09-2024, 04:28 AM   #5
B6WAF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive Touring (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alFR View Post
Not had anything like that with mine, although I think it's totally dependent on how accurate the map data is for where you drive. To be fair the OS map shows it as a normal unclassified through road so probably the BMW map data does as well. There's a "no through road" sign visible at the entry, however (on the post nearest to you in the first photo, confirmed on Google Streetview - looks like it would be easy to miss turning in) and the bollards at the other end don't look new so it looks like just a mistake in the digital map. Is there any way of reporting errors like that to BMW like you can with Apple or Google maps?
Yes, you're right, there does appear to be a no-entry sign showing on street view, which I confess I didn't clock (egg on face), as I was too busy standing on the brake pedal and shouting "where the hell is it sending me now?"! It had already brought me a very weird route to get to the junction in the first place.

My point is that even if the road was open and passable, you really wouldn't dive down a single track muddy lane with no passing places to shave 4 seconds and a few yards off the journey time, would you?

It needs the "common sense" route option.
Appreciate 0