04-30-2019, 01:00 PM   #122
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Seems it would make more sense to call it a 430e or some 4somethinge than an i4. It looks nothing like the i4 "futuristic" concepts. Which may not be a bad think, I don't know that anyone really loved the i3.
Ultimately the 'i brand' meant sustainable. Recycled parts, environmentally conscious, light weight.

Now it seems they are in branding hell. i3 sales have somehow gone up over the life cycle but it's still well below expectations.

Seems they want to mirror the M cars with 'i' cars. The problem is they have this i3 and i8 clogging up the system so you can't have a 3 series electric or an 8 series electric without messing up the names.

But they want I performance to mirror M performance and M4 to mirror i4. So it makes sense to have the 4 series electric be named i4 and look like a mature electric vehicle similar to an M being a classy sports car.

The problem is it leaves no where for the i cars proper to fit in. i2 and inext are all going to mess with the electric 2 series they have planned.
Appreciate 0