View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #148
NorthBuddy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
Yes and no, we have gas stations every 5 miles. Even so, my wife still can't fill up her car until the low fuel warning goes on, weekly range would matter, for her over 300 miles is what she covers in the week.
That´s typical petrol head thinking. If you can charge at home, you plug it in and have the 300mls every morning. And if BMW puts their inductive charging in it, your wife simple parks above the charging plate (but my wife has no issue plugging in her eGolf (120mls). It's a question of daily needed miles when you can charge at home.

And in Europe the Tesla chargers are perfect, but the public infrastructure is growing (incl. 350kw chargers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
And, who wants to buy a car that costs 30-40% more than a Tesla, has maybe equal or less range, and is slower 0-60.
Also here the question is, if you buy the car for drag racing or using it daily. Why do people buy Porsche, if a Corvette gives more performance for the money? 0-60 by Tesla is impressive. So what? When driving an electric car it becomes quite irrelevant if the speed is just fast enough. I drive a 530e and an eGolf and I'm looking forward to an i4, iX3, Q4 eTron, etc. because of the quality. Tesla? Good drive train, definitely. Quality? No thanks.
Appreciate 0