View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #161
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Well, I have an i8, and while its certainly NOT "iBoring", it certainly is "iMpractical".

The EV thing BMW has really been missing is range, and if they deliver this with 370 miles of range that will FINALLY give them a nice firm seat at the EV table. It doesn't have to look like a spaceship. Its better it looks like a "normal" car and performs like a really good EV.

70% of EV owners charge at home and that's why a min of 200-250 miles of range is essential for a daily driver (IMHO). It seems most of the major automotive mfr's have finally started to figure this out. Now its BMW's turn...
If It's an i, what's the point of looking like any other BMW? That was the point of difference of the i8. BMW is just copying Mercedes and Audi and not taking the chance to go futuristic with their electric offerings.

Electric cars are for a whole new clientele, so why not wow them with a forward looking body like the concepts?

BTW, you need to read my original post better because I never mentioned charging and range, just design of the car...