View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #23
kooper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 (I wish)

This look is baffling. It's like we're living in the timeline where Alfa mimicked BMW with their Guilia Quadrifoglio to produce an Italian M3, then BMW decided that they'll return the favor and mimic the Guilia's grille, only in a twin-kidney arrangement.

Look, I get it, BMW's trademark was once elongated twin-kidney grilles, but what worked back in the 50s will not necessarily work in the year of our lord 2019.

The G20's looks are overall rather good-looking in my humble opinion, regardless of how many people claiming that the rear is Lexus-esque. Can't we just have a similar sort of treatment for the M models as what was done with the pre-facelift 2-door versions of the E46, i.e. still the same overall theme but where everything just looked tighter and more subtly aggressive and more Touringcar-ish?
Why stick a gigantic grille on the front? Is there any functional need to do that?

BUT, let me not rant too much until we see the final product. the renders are fantastically done, my gripe is purely with the proposed grille treatment of the yet-to-be-revealed M models.
Appreciate 7