View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 10:30 AM   #9
mfifield01
Rep
Drives: Nissan 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
I've had the 2WD option on both my last car (G82 M4CX) and current car (G80 M3 CS) for a total of 2 years and 4 months and I've hardly ever used the 2WD option. Maybe half a dozen times in total.

I don't really see the point as I don't drift my car and the xDrive system is so good, you really don't notice when it's starts delivering power to the front wheels. It's not like an old school mechanical AWD system or old electronic AWD system, where you can feel the front wheels pulling the front of the car in an almost contradictory direction to the rear wheels, like they're competing against each other.

The xDrive system is pretty seamless in how it delivers and manages the power to all the wheels - it's a remarkable system considering the power and torque it's putting down onto the road.

It provides so much grip, particularly when pushing on while driving on poor road surfaces, in wet conditions, etc, that it means you can enjoy more of the cars power and capabilities, more of the time and more safely, than if you were running it in RWD only.

They clearly made it available for the purists but as you're already carrying the extra weight of the front diff, drive shafts, etc, whether you use them or not, why would you not take the benefit of AWD?!?
Yes, the traction is amazing in 4WD.

I won't add M Drive Professional to a build. I need to decide on DAPP (doubt I'll use it).

They had a MY24 order open up and are pushing me to take the slot. I'm thinking about waiting until MY25 orders open, but not sure how far back I would be on their list.
Appreciate 0