View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
sarafil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20 X5 M50i

1) How much of a deposit do I need to leave?
Up to you and your dealer - I've ordered many cars with no deposit but have been long time customer. $1000 is customary.

2) Is this deposit refundable if I choose to buy another brand or even buy out my lease?
Generally yes. They might give you the run around but in most (all?) states the law usually on your side here. Make sure you use a credit card to give you another avenue to pursue if needed.

3) Do you negotiate the selling price upon ordering the car?
Yes, absolutely. Once the car arrives you're invested in it emotionally and they have no incentive to negotiate. Lay out as much as you can now (ex. $xxx off MSRP or $yyy over invoice)

4) Suppose that the deals are better once the car is actually delivered. Will they price adjust?
Generally yes. Some programs might have exclusions for previous orders but most don't.

5) Suppose that lease rates are better (incentives or MF) when the car is delivered. Do I have the option to get the incentive/MF?
Same as above. One key point is you can't "mix and match", it's all or nothing. So you can't take this months rate and residual with a future months lease or finance cash, for example. All programs must be in effect in the same month.