View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

I ordered my 340 xDrive in May.. here's my experience

1) How much of a deposit do I need to leave? - They told me $500. I gave them my credit card number but they never charged it.
2) Is this deposit refundable if I choose to buy another brand or even buy out my lease? I was told the deposit was non-refundable.
3) Do you negotiate the selling price upon ordering the car? I sure did. I had 3 dealers working on giving me the best price. Make sure your dealership has allocation or you are going to be waiting a while to get the car.
4) Suppose that the deals are better once the car is actually delivered. Will they price adjust? They told me they would adjust based on the current offers if I would benefit. If I were you, I'd stay on top of current offers until you take delivery. If a rebate increases from 2k to 3k and you don't notice..that's another 1k in the dealer's pocket.
5) Suppose that lease rates are better (incentives or MF) when the car is delivered. Do I have the option to get the incentive/MF? Yes you can take advantage of the current offers.

Side note.. I'd negotiate the BEST deal you can up front. On a 2019 you aren't going to see massive deals coming anytime soon, so you are going to have to work. Also, check for Ultimate Drive Events in your area. You can get an extra $1k off, but keep that in your back pocket until you are finished negotiating your deal. Also, join the BMW CCA and you can get rebates (I got $500) from them after the sale.
Appreciate 1
monixp0.00