xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x986 View Post
White 340,
(Good name, I have one - custom ordered.) I'm two months behind you with lease expiring in Feb. My salesman contacted me a couple of days ago; I told him I would not consider an '18 car, but I am interested in the G20, 340. He said he will get back to me. Does anyone know if this 'lease extension' is BMW Financial Services or dealership? I guess I just answered the question; it must be Financial Services.

FWIW, I test drove an Audi S5 and was underwhelmed. I will be cross shopping the Genesis G70 when it becomes available in Calif. I expect that car to be $10K cheaper than a 340 with bells and whistles, but I don't expect it to be as good a car. How close is THE question; it is further complicated by the fact that I actually prefer driving my wife's Tesla Model 3 over my 340 for local errands. And I have two toy cars for carving up the local back roads.

Sorry OP. I haven't answered any of your questions, but I have opened myself up for some free psychological counselling. ;>)

Well, here is one point that might be helpful. My E92 was a 2007.5 car. I never kept a car for 7 years before, but that one kept me very happy for that long. I don't remember exactly what the .5 advances were, but BMW has a history of making mid year corrections on new models, and the G20 sounds like a major change.
BMW FS will extend your lease 3 months as courtesy and 6 months with a car on order. If you want a g20 I would recommend doing the 3 month then as soon as g20 ordering opens get one on order and bump to 6 months

It's prorated too so as soon as you swap the cars the extension ends
Appreciate 0