No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
M-Sport includes the Convenience Package
So this is really confusing. ZMP (M sport) actually does not contain ZCV (Convenience) in itself, but rather all of the same options that ZCV contains, except, ZN1 (Active Blind Spot Detection). Unless this is an ordering guide typo/error.

1.) They should have just broken out ZMP and ZCV so folks could get just true ZMP items without paying for ZCV (and avoiding confusion).
2.) The only way to get ZN1 is by getting ZCV or ZDA. You can't get ZCV or ZDA with ZMP. It would appear you can't get ZN1 on a ZMP car then. The configurator is actually matching the ordering guide in this sense.
I called this out as well in different posts. I have to believe is that this is either a typo or there are different levels of blind spot detection. For example following the order guide to the letter you actually can't get ZN1 active blind spot detection with the driver assistance pro package. However the idea the highest level package wouldn't have blind spot detection doesn't make sense either.

One thought I had was that blind spot sensors are part of the basic "active driving assistant" and the ZN1 adds the ability for the car to correct for you. When you go to the pro package it adds the car correcting for you anyway so the additional feature is redundant.

Another thought is that the order guide has some errors.

The most unlikely possibility is that blind spot detection is not compatible with msport that would be a real boneheaded mistake for bmw

I feel like with every new bmw launch there is always one or two features that have some kind of weird order guide logic and we don't end up finding out the truth till cars are sitting on lots
Appreciate 0