View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #125
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I am not sure that is accurate for the new 3 based on the information provided. Would love to know if you have a bit more detail or direct experience with the base gauges. Do you see anything deeper in the ordering system around the standard gauges?

The image you shared looks just like the image if a customer selects digital gauges in the 4 series. The guages are digital but simulate the design of analog gauges in normal mode which BMW does a poor job of differentiating in the configuratpr. I do not trust the configurator images on topics like this. The order guide does not have an indication one way or another. The Base gauges for a 4 series for example which have analog dials with a digital screen below (as another poster noted) are not reffered to as digital gauges they are reffered to as "extended contents"

I cant find a live photo yet from an auto show of the base gauges but there are some floating around from mules and they have the gauges like the digial 4 series which have digital screens within the curves of the analog footprint but the tach and speedo themselves are fully digital.
Take out a ruler and measure 5.7" diagonal. Is that large enough for a digital instrument cluster?

It will most likely as Jay says, like this. Only that small portion is LCD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0