View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #12
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

^It's a bummer but the weather really blows this time of year. It'll be cold and rainy for sure. The great thing is that everything is within a 10-15 min walk of one another. Where will you be staying downtown?

You need to visit the waterfront and the Olympic cauldron. They are a must. If you are staying at a Fairmont you can rent bikes and bike the entire waterfront route all the way from the cruise ships around Stanley Park. Bikes can be rented too. I highly recommend having breakfast at De Dutch along the waterfront. Beautiful views and excellent food. Also, Bella Gelateria in the Fairmont Pacific Rim is an award-winning Gelato place that's worth checking out.

The area in and around Robson St. is the most lively during the day and evening. That's where the shopping and some restaurants are. The new Nordstrom has really helped make the area that much better. Be sure to check out Cafe Crepe (nutella + cinnamon crepe is to die for). A couple blocks away is Holt Renfrew and an underground mall with some higher end stores like Apple and the lot. If you like Indian food then there's an excellent place called Salaam Bombay just across the street from the historic Fairmont downtown hotel.

Gastown is a short walk east of downtown and it's neat as well! It's the oldest part of Vancouver and is more "hipsterish" in its vibe. There are old cobblestone roads and buildings and a bunch of boutique restaurants and bars. Definitely worth a visit.

Nightlife isn't as good as other cities, but if you're into clubs then Granville St. is pretty much where to be at. If you're past that stage in life, Gastown is better.

The only part of Vancouver I'd deem "unsafe" is E Hastings St. It just gets littered with junkies after dark. You have no reason to go there anyway so you'll be alright. Otherwise, Vancouver is probably the safest city I have ever been to. You have absolutely nothing to fret about.

Last edited by Germanauto; 12-15-2016 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50