evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
BMW should put an app in IDrive that let's you download different engine sounds. They could even have categories like classic luxury (Cadillac V16, Packard V12), classic sports car (Ferrari V12, etc.) American Muscle (427 Corvette, Shelby Cobra, etc.) They could also put speakers outside the car that you could route the phony sound to.

BMW could provide a switch that let you turn off the active sound and turn off the actual sound by using noise cancellation technology. This would be great for people who had neighbors who complain about the noise of the car and it allow us to sneak into the house without waking anyone on the occasions we stayed out too late. "I know you said you were going to sleep early last night. You must have been asleep when I got home. 4AM?. No dear I came home at 1:30, didn't you hear the car come into the driveway?"
On / off option in I Drive would be a win - identify the customers hidden needs that they themselves might not realize they have and provide a solution - that's how u exceed customer expectations.
The sound box is in the trunk on the left side and hanging from above on the m6... I just unclipped the housing and unplugged the entire harness. The box is now sitting on my workbench. better sound, lost about 2 lbs, added trunk spaces. The first is the only noticeable thing haha.

Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50