View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #10
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Thats a great finish you've ended up with! I've heard good things about CQuartz UK. I'm yet to delve into ceramic coatings, I'm still using old fashioned wax (Collinite) and spray sealants in the colder months. I'm not sure my detailing skills are good enough yet to attempt a coating, it seems it isn't the easiest thing to apply?. Did you go with a ceramic coating for longevity more than anything?
I've heard there can be some issues with water spotting with coatings but I'm unsure if they are true or not so I'd be interested in hearing whether you run into any issues or if by having a coating its easier to maintain now.
Cheers
Great questions! There's nothing wrong with 845 (I'm assuming that's what you use), I still keep a bottle in my arsenal.
CQ UK 3.0 is probably the hardest of the high-end consumer coatings to apply, I chose it because I wanted to tackle it and pick up the skill. The self cleaning properties and longevity are what interest me.
If you're unsure but still want to dive into coatings I'd try Cquartz Lite which is a similar formula but will be much more forgiving to apply. Just make sure you put some good effort into stripping the Collinite or no coating will bond.
Yesterday I washed the car for the first time post-coating after wind and rain littered tree fallout on the car; it was the easiest wash and dry I've ever done.
Appreciate 1
AD18350.50