10-07-2021, 11:07 AM   #14
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Buddy of mine recommended the Continental DWS06 All-seasons or Michelin AS3+. He goes to Tahoe frequently and lives in the same area, has a cabin up there, and said he's had 0 issues starting / stopping on sloped icy / snowy ground up there. He also reiterated that 80-90% of the drive is NOT on snow or even in particularly cold weather, so you'd be unnecessarily significantly wearing down dedicated snow tires vs someone who lives in Denver / further north where you're in snow the second you pull out of your garage.
Thank you for the great input! I see you're also in the Bay Area. This was constantly on my mind with winter approaching. I do like to go to Northstar and South Lake to snowboard, and as you said 90% of that drive is in normal conditions. If we were to put on full winters in the Bay Area they would wear out during our normal drives on the way up on I-80.

I am personally looking at the Michelin Pilot AS4s as the AS3+ are now discontinued at the local Tire America in WC. Also heard great things about the DWS06. It will be between those two for me.
Appreciate 0