10-17-2021, 01:13 AM   #12
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN View Post
It's encouraging to hear what the valuations are and it did get me thinking. I'd certainly have a few thousand equity but the only thing I'd probably exchange for would be the I4 M50i.
I'd lose the practicality of the G21 and the sound though.
I'm not sure what the figures would be on the i4 and not sure that I want to. I imagine the discount wouldn't be much but the GFV may be high. Good in one way but not so if I'd be looking to buy and keep it at the end. I also got a fantastic discount on the M340i.
I'm fairly confident that the value of my G21 M340i will be a reasonable amount more than the GFV at the end of the agreement, probably similar to the equity I have now, but who knows, things may change.
I think I'll stick with the G21. It really is a perfect all rounder. I'm struggling to fault it 16 months in. It's even done a fair few trips to the dump.
I was also looking at the i4 M50. But to replace a F31 340i. My car has gained about £8k and I have solid equity. However, the cost of an i4 M50 is £14k more than an equivalent 440i GC…
£8k more list price and 2% more APR on PCP and no manufacturer contribution…
I contemplated all the numbers and a G21 340i is the cheapest option of a new car. So, holding onto my own ageing F31 340i until things make more sense.
I bought out my PCP in September 2020 when I couldn't get a factory build and I'm still enjoying my RWD 340i…
I want all my existing options and do not want to downgrade anything. HK is, in my opinion, even more essential in a quiet i4!
Waiting on an i4 test drive next month and then will see the lie of the land…