Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
My wallet can, though. Let's see what an LCI brings.
look at the LCI 7 series similar design of the back lights... the design is here to stay for several years...
Very true, thank God we all have choices to make, like "other" manufacturers! Like the song goes "we're not going to take it" hum a few bars
Exactly, if you don't like it go to the next brand!! It might not be as good as BMW but at least you'll have the "pretty" back lights that you'll be happy with!!! 🤘🏻🤘🏻
To be honest, aesthetically it's fine. Price tag for a 4 banger manufactured in Mexico, is absurd! But you've noticed this. Needless to say, I like my German cars manufactured in some crazy place, like Germany
This whole thing about cars being assembled in Mexico is also getting old. The price is right up there with the other European brands.
BMW manufactures part of the X line in the US for years are those pure GERMAN CARS?
Or is it the part of MEXICO that you don't like. Other European brands as well as AMERICAN brands are in MEXICO.
You need to understand that unless you pay close to 100k for a "pure" German car you will have to get used to the fact that lesser models will be made through out the world to save cost.
Thats funny because the price went up despite it obviously being cheaper to make...
Hmmm is called inflation. The buying power of the US greenback is less and less as each year goes by. Prices on products go up and salaries remain stagnant. So a $61K "4 banger" is not really that off the charts.

You should see the retail prices of BMWs 20-30 years adjusted for inflation in today's money.
2001 purchased my "6" 325i(1st bimmer) 33K loaded and out the door. Might add manufactured in of all places, Germany. Is my opinion that difficult to comprehend? This topic seems to drift further away with every post. BTW, 61K for a "4 banger" is absolutely absurd. Tip....Buy a Civic and pocket the coin, thank me later
Hmm that's interesting, what makes you say that?

I am not in the market for a G20 nor any new car at the moment and hopefully for the next 5 years.

BTW $33K in 2001 equals to $47K in today's money, a cumulative rate of inflation of 43%. Alarming how our money is worth half of its buying power in only 18 years. It will take another 20 years to pay nearly $70K for a base 3-Series

And was that $33K a negotiated out the door price or the window sticker price? I am sure it was the former. Was what the sticker price of that 2001 325i, loaded? Perhaps closer or inching towards $40K grand?

While the E46 was a nice car for its time, I am sure it didn't even have half of the safety systems, manufacturing advances, better quality and interior amenities found in a new G20. I am sure it was loaded for what you could get or configure a new E46 back then.

Also as a former owner of an '11 E90, I can confidently say that while old BMWs with the N/A in-line sixer were fun to drive they were also on the slow side....

Any new G20 with the B46 turbo engine will run circles around any E36/ E46/E90 with the N/A six with far better fuel economy. And the ZF 8-speed automatic will wipe the floor with any manual or automatic offering on any E chassis 3 series.

You mention the Civic? I have never had any interest in present day renditions of Japanese econoboxes. Not only they are eye sores but the quality and reliability that Honda was once known for has also gone down the drain. And yes I was a former Honda/Acura owner. My last Honda product (1997 Acura 2.5TL "Loaded")was let go 20 years ago to never look back.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0