03-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It was very., very clear that RBR were going to back Max. he is box office and european so publicity wise is a money machine even if Daniel is far more of a personality.

As an aussie i can admit Max seems that touch faster, that last 10th or two. Daniel figured he'd be second fiddle.

Then Baku happened. This was black and white max's fault, he had been warned about moving in braking zones many times and finally he caused a massive crash ..... with his teammate. RBR three Riccardo under the bus forcing them both to apologise when it was CLEARLY Max's fault. Daniel was not returning to RBR after that, was never gonna happen.

What i don't understand is why Ferrari didn't snap him up, he's a point scoring machine in a reliable car, probably the most mistake free of the top 5 drivers.
Thanks, valuable insight. I suspect the reason Daniel and Ferrari were not an item is for the same reason Leclerc was told to pull over in race one of the season. Ferrari still believe SV will deliver for them and hiring Daniel for number 2 would have left him back where he started at Red Bull.
Appreciate 1