01-16-2020, 12:32 AM   #44
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
As an update, since I started this post, I've exclusively driven with sport steering. While still a little too heavy and artificial at low speeds, at moderate speeds it feels sharper (not sure if it's the heft that I've just gotten used to?). Anyways, one of the biggest sticking points has been higher speed highway driving. In comfort it's far too loose and darty. I feel like I'm always making micro corrections to keep tracking straight. In sport I feel like it's more taught and less movement...resulting in better on center feel and stability.
Same update from me too! Just took a two hour trip (mostly empty Highway) while I love the comfort setting for day to day driving -at speeds above 80mph, it starts getting weird and twitchy. Car feels wobbly/darty and I have to constantly make micro corrections. It’s more pronounced the faster you go.

I decided to put the steering in sport and it was night and day. Car tracks straight ahead and steering weighs a ton. Dare I say - very similar to the E90. Car feels so solid. Again this is at speeds above 80-90 mph. Almost like it was tailored for autobahn driving. The sport steering mode is really growing on me. After driving it that long I didn’t like going back into the comfort mode. Go figure.
Appreciate 0