View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #20
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Based on these shots it looks like a normal trunk which is a shame...Looks like a cross of a GC and GT to me
I am somewhat confident it is a hatch. I start with concluding that for a car so similar to current G generation vehicles, they did not create a unique door and aperture. No bang for that buck. The i4 is most likely the new 4 Series Gran Coupe body, which was designed to replace the current GC but also enlarged to provide some of that the discontinued GT offered.

Take a look at the rear pillar on the i4 rear door (not camo'd like the C pillar of the vehicle). See how it slopes rearward down from the roof to the door rear edge cutline? That is a very different door glass design than the sedan for this generation. There is no pillar above the cutline on the sedan. The cutline on the sedan continues straight up over the rear wheel. You can see through the camo that the i4 cutline gets to about the 11 o'clock position of the rear wheel and then turns up.

This it looks much more like what a GC would do and that is a hatchback.
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0