View Single Post
      05-18-2021, 10:01 PM   #22
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeegunkim View Post
I just installed the A/S 3+ and can confirm that it does impact the overall steering feel.

I'm on an xDrive and it came from the dealer with a square setup with Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season run flats. Was not thrilled about them, grip was adequate at best, I could not stand the amount of tire noise while driving. It did perform okay during nominal weather conditions though.

I recently upgraded my suspension, wheels/tires. Running a staggered setup with 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +35 with the A/S 3+. Such a night and day difference, the A/S 3+ performs better than some summer tires I've had before and with the wider setup, lower suspension, it really improved the overall handling and ride quality. The downside is that like this thread mentions, you do lose steering feel. I didn't mind losing the steering feedback but what bothers me is how much lighter the steering is now. I love weighted steering feel which was OK on the stock setup but with this new setup, even in Sport Plus, the steering has definitely lost its weight which really bothers me. I'm just trying to rationalize it in my head that the benefits I am getting with the new setup outweighs the loss of the steering weight, haha.
What about road noise? How is that by comparison?
Appreciate 0