View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #142
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Read my post again: 'By some measures'. By some other measures, Daimler is five to six times larger than BMW Group. BMW Group is essentially a small automaker compared to some of the big 'uns like Daimler, GM, Ford, FCA Italy, TMC, Honda, and VW AG -- seven behemoths that are leaps and bounds larger than BMW. And folks wonder why automakers both large and small are starting to partner to develop new technologies?

The gross-revenue figure helps demonstrate that by somewhat strict automotive measures, BMW is only half the size of Daimler. Yet it's having to play the big boys' games. So, yes: not much room for mistakes. And: that's why BMW is hedging its bets with products that satisfy lower common denominators and leave enthusiasts such as us wondering where our Exx M3s went. It's survival, in a game where it can't make many mistakes.

i think market caps would be a more accurate way of determining a companys access to equity markets.

similar to how tesla loses 300mil a quarter vs GM which makes a net profit of 1billion a quarter but they have similar market caps.

But i understand what you mean.
Appreciate 0